Sunday, October 30, 2011

The After Argument

All right, poets, time to kick back with an all-new poem. I know all of you have had an argument with a parent or a friend at least once in your lifetime and I guess it wasn't that pleasant. This poem ends with no reasonable compromise to the argument, but I eventually settled things with my dad after I wrote this. So, hope you enjoy it!


The After Argument

The big argument happened not long ago
It was me and my dad, exchanging words and that
I sat there feeling guilty, he feeling enraged
And told me everything I didn't want to know

Sitting in my bed, I looked back
And realized that I knew nothing wrong
So I sat and I sat for hours and hours
Wondering where we got to that

My dad no longer entered my room
I came to him with all my problems
He shot back, his points been made
And so I sat back, feeling not amazed

That was the day I'd never forget
The day arguments tore again
I was hoping I would see my father again
But too soon it was to see it then

No comments:

Post a Comment