Thursday, October 13, 2011

Packing the Office

My dad retired from his job as a manager at an investment company at the end of June. He was pretty good at his job and knew how to make the most of people's money. So I'd thought it would be a fitting tribute to write a poem about it. This one is about him packing up his office to leave permanently. Hope you enjoy!

Packing the Office

The few things I packed that day
I will never forget


My dad left with some stuff from his office
Never to have them return
His pictures of me were gone, his books of delight
All gone to his own personal domain


Every single thing he brought
Never to return
All memories and figures
Came with him all together


We packed all day
Everything came with us
And that there's that final time
To say the one word, 'Bye'


He left without word and I turned off the light
There was no return anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment