Saturday, July 23, 2011

Elevation: Everest

Hi, guys. Sorry about the delay getting a new poem up for you guys to take a read at. It's been sort of a slow couple of months for both of my blogs, but this poem should crack the ice. This poem is called Elevation: Everest. I wrote this poem about watching a couple of documentaries about Mount Everest and after seeing the ever-so majestic mountain, a poem is what I wrote up. Hope you guys enjoy this Everest (ever-lasting) poem.














Elevation: Everest

It was too cold one day.
The day that made everything smooth.
Atop that mighty peak ahead
Lay the great Mount Everest.

I chose to ride a part of the mountain
To see a magnificent view
And below, I saw, what I couldn't be.
The valley that new beneath me.

The temples lay shrined as new as gold.
The peaks over the ridge as sharp as teeth.
The great lakes I saw ahead
Made me remember the ones back home.

I spent only one day up that Everest ridge.
Before I took my cables off
I hiked down to Earth again.
Ready to look back up and see Everest a shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment