Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Father, the Ghost

My Father, the Ghost is one of my poems that I've written in my freshmen year of high school. I got inspiration from this story from The Nightmare Before Christmas and as such created a poem that reflects the ideas of both family and paranormal activity. Hope you enjoy it!


My Father, the Ghost

I wandered the graveyard late at night
To visit my father who had passed away.
The night was chill, the air very brisk.
It made it seem like the night was set.

I made it to my father's gravestone.
And placed my knees in front of it.
I thought of thinking about God and life like that.
But my words from my mouth just went flat.

My father a good man, threatened by his own life
And sits under a stone, etched with his name.
The wind picks up and I feel some noise.
Something taps me, far from the behind.

I turned quick, my eyes set to shoot
And there it was, my father, right in front.
He waved and smiled and turned like a good fellow.
And then I knew he was my father, the ghost.

He waved once more and turned away.
The gravestone was there, all etched to stay.
I spoke with my father one time again.
And then I left, the ghost still fresh.



The 100-Best Loved Poems are poems taken from several famous poets, whose works have influenced the world. And guess what, at a cheap price, you can get 100 of the most famous works poetry here. Happy poeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment