Monday, June 27, 2011

Thing of Heat

This poem I wrote just a few days ago. It was so hot that day that I decided to write two poems out of it. The second poem will be posted sometime in the next few days. Meanwhile, enjoy this first poem about heat.

Thing of Heat

I stumbled around, feeling my way
The heat overcame me

My face lit up with sweat and tears
I couldn't see where I was going

Things felt far and things felt near
My hand reached it and toppled something over

My face was almost thin, I was almost done
I ran to the bedroom, stumbling all around.

I reached my bedroom, the bed nearby
There I hit the bed, all ready to make its end

The heat was too much, and so it came
My eyes closed, no heat but blackness it became



I never read this, but I heard it was pretty good in terms of the poetry, so get yours for only $9.99 at Amazon.com. Enjoy those poems!

No comments:

Post a Comment