Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trapped in Darkness

Reid's Poetry welcomes the first of my many line of poems that I've created throughout the course of my life. I thought I'd start it off with a poem that has been seen on Facebook (if people look at my page) called Trapped in Darkness. I hope you like it.

Trapped in Darkness
The eyes open in a place that is totally unknown.
There is nothing to see, nothing to hear, nothing to glimpse at.
This place is basically an empty, cold dark room in nowhere.
No one is near and no one is far.
Everything falls into place and nothing is moved or replaced.

You watch yourselves get up from the ground.
Cold and desolate, your hand runs across it.
The gravel screeches around your hand, your senses feeling every prick.
You eyes do not adjust as they let the hand do the work.

I don't know where you are.
But while you look up and down, I worry.
I worry that you are never going to get home, to see the light of day.
You don't hear my breathing nor my sound.
You hear yourself stamp your feet on the ground.

Keep in mind that you are the only one there, the only one who can get out.
But find the exit before you lose it, or you will never come home at all.
I wish you luck, to hope you come home.
Cause in time, you will find that luck will be your fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment